Welcome to StarStone
Launched in 2008, StarStone is a global specialty insurer providing a diversified range of property, casualty and specialty insurance products to customers worldwide.
We have underwriting operations in the Lloyd’s and London markets, Continental Europe, Australia and the U.S, and serve a diverse client base across five main product groups: Marine and Specialty Lines, Casualty, Property, Aerospace and Worker’s Compensation.
Through our six wholly-owned insurance platforms, including Syndicate 1301, we have licences to serve a global client base:
- StarStone Insurance SE, a European insurer, domiciled in Liechtenstein and regulated by the Financial Markets Authority
- StarStone Specialty Insurance Company, a US excess and surplus lines insurer
- StarStone National Insurance Company, a US admitted markets insurer
- StarStone Insurance Bermuda Limited, a Class-4 insurer domiciled in Bermuda
- StarStone Insurance Europe AG, a Liechtenstein-based European specialty insurer
- Syndicate 1301 at Lloyd’s, managed by StarStone Underwriting Limited, a Lloyd’s-registered managing agency
StarStone is rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best, financial size XI. For business written through Syndicate 1301, Lloyd’s is rated A+ by Standard & Poor’s, AA- by Fitch Ratings and A (Excellent) by A.M. Best. For more information about our AM Best rating, please click here.
On 1 April, 2014, we were acquired by Enstar Group Limited together with the Trident Funds managed by Stone Point Capital. As a subsidiary of Enstar in partnership with Stone Point, we now benefit from their strategic and operational support. To align our brand with the Enstar Group, our company’s name was changed from Torus to StarStone in November 2015.
*Results shown are for StarStone Insurance Bermuda Limited and its subsidiaries, for the years ended December 31, 2015