Welcome to StarStone
StarStone has the geographic presence and local know-how to deliver perfectly matched specialty solutions across large multinational to small and middle-market risks.
From 17 underwriting hubs world-wide spanning the Lloyd’s and London markets, Continental Europe and the U.S., StarStone delivers a diversified range of specialty insurance solutions across four segment groups: Marine, Aviation and Transport, Specialty Lines, Casualty and Workers’ Compensation.
StarStone boasts A- security from A.M. Best (A+ for business written through Lloyd’s Syndicate 1301), five wholly-owned insurance platforms – each with penetrating local knowledge – and in the U.S., admitted and excess and surplus licenses.
StarStone draws on significant strategic and operational support from majority shareholders: Enstar Group, a global insurance organisation with more than $15 billion in assets, and Stone Point Capital LLC, a leading private equity firm, with more than $19 billion in aggregate committed capital.
Through our five wholly-owned insurance platforms, including Syndicate 1301, StarStone has licences to serve a global client base:
- StarStone Insurance SE, a European insurer, domiciled in Liechtenstein and regulated by the Financial Markets Authority
- StarStone Specialty Insurance Company, a US excess and surplus lines insurer
- StarStone National Insurance Company, a US admitted markets insurer
- StarStone Insurance Bermuda Limited, a Class-4 insurer domiciled in Bermuda
- Syndicate 1301 at Lloyd’s, managed by StarStone Underwriting Limited, a Lloyd’s-registered managing agency
StarStone is rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best, financial size XI. For business written through Syndicate 1301, Lloyd’s is rated A+ by Standard & Poor’s, AA- by Fitch Ratings and A (Excellent) by A.M. Best. For the latest rating, access www.ambest.com.
On 1 April, 2014, StarStone was acquired by Enstar Group Limited together with the Trident Funds managed by Stone Point Capital LLC. As a subsidiary of Enstar in partnership with Stone Point, StarStone draws on significant strategic, intellectual and operational support.
*Results shown are for StarStone Insurance Bermuda Limited and its subsidiaries, for the years ended December 31, 2019