StarStone Insurance Europe AG
StarStone makes every effort to deliver the highest quality products and to provide the best possible service. We understand that despite our commitment, on occasion, mistakes are made – we may fail to meet our own standards and the expectations of the customers using our services or otherwise coming into contact with StarStone.
How we handle complaints:
- In the first instance you can share your concerns about any aspect of your insurance, service or handling of a claim with your insurance broker, intermediary or retail agent who will do their best to bring about an quick resolution.
- If you wish to make a complaint directly to StarStone, you may do so in writing or verbally at any time by using the contact details below:
- Where possible complaints will be handled in line with local regulations. Where no local regulations exist, complaints will be handled in line with UK principles and standards detailed below.
- To help us, your insurance broker, intermediary or retail agent to quickly and fully investigate your complaints, please provide us with the following information:
- Policy number and/or claim reference number (if applicable)
- Type of Insurance Product
- Date of loss (if applicable)
- Details of your concern/complaint
- Details of who you purchased your insurance from/through
- Details of any previous correspondence or feedback on how you would like your complaint resolved
We will endeavour to respond to your complaint as quickly as possible, however if we cannot resolve your complaint immediately then we will aim to give you our final response within four weeks. If for whatever reason this is not possible, we will contact you to explain the reasons why and let you know how long our investigations are likely to take.
If you remain dissatisfied with our response, the outcome of it, the way we’ve handled your complaint, we have not completed our investigation or we have not sent you our final response after a reasonable amount of time, you may refer your complaint to the Finanzmarktaufsicht Liechtenstein (FMA).
You can contact them in one of the following ways:
By letter to:
Finanzmarktaufsicht Liechtenstein (FMA)
T: +423 236 73 73
Fax: +423 236 73 74
If your policy is, or you think it is, underwritten at Lloyd’s, please read the Complaints Procedures provided for StarStone Underwriting Limited which should assist you in the complaints process.
If you appoint someone to act on your behalf
If you ask someone else to act on your behalf, you should provide us with written authority to allow us to deal with them directly.
If you employ a professional to represent you, you will need to meet their costs yourself.
The European Commission Online Dispute Resolution Platform (ODR)
If you have bought insurance online, you can also register your complaint with the European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) platform, which has been set up by the European Commission to put you in touch with the appropriate dispute resolution body. Their website is: http://ec.europa.eu/odr.
Our regulatory status
We are authorised by the FMA. We are registered as StarStone Insurance Europe AG and our firm’s reference number is FL-0002.204.512-3. You may check this information and obtain further information about how the FMA regulates us by visiting their website www.fma-li.li or by contacting them on +423 236 73 73.